Children’s Trust in Orange County Email Update
I hope this finds you all doing well. We have been working on a lot of initiatives to support getting the mayor and county commissioners to put the children services council issue on the ballot for the November election in Orange county.
With the county commission workshop quickly approaching on April 24th, your active involvement becomes even more critical. Please review this introduction to our campaign which outlines very specific ways in which you can provide support.
As a child advocate, I have become very aware of the growing and substantial unmet needs of children in our community. I thought some of you would be interested in being introduced to The Children’s Trust, an Orange County based political issues committee that is asking our county mayor and commissioners to place a proposed children’s services council on the ballot for this year’s general election.
A Children’s Trust in Orange County would mean that our community would have a voter-approved stream of funding for programs that serve children. I invite you to explore our website http://www.ourchildrenourchoice.com for more details.
There are several ways you or your organization can be involved and supportive.
l. Sign our petition supporting putting the issue on the ballot for a public vote. The signatures will be provided to the mayor and commissioners. You can access the petition via our website.
2. Email or call the Mayor and County Commissioners and tell them that you support additional funds for services to help our youth and that you want the chance to vote on this funding during the November election.
3. Attend the Orange County Commission Workshop dedicated to discussing these unmet needs at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 24 th at the Orange County Administration Building, 201 S Rosalind Ave, Orlando, FL 32801
4. Testify directly to the Mayor and Commissioners for 3 minutes or less at the workshop. GO HERE to fill out a request to testify form or fill one out in person on April 24 th .
5. Spread the word. Share this information on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and refer people to our website.
6. Make a donation to support the campaign online. ( click here )
7. Let us know that you want to be kept informed as to the ongoing campaign and how you can help.
Thank you for your consideration of support.